While my market still has asparagus in the produce department, I’m making soup! #ThisGirlLovesToEat
Quick & Easy Keto Asparagus Soup
- 1 Sweet Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1 TBLS Olive Oil
- 2 Pounds Fresh Asparagus, chopped into 1″ pieces (discard ends)
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 Cups Low-Sodium Chicken Stock
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Cup Chopped Pancetta or Prosciutto, sautéed
- 2 TBLS chopped chives
- Freshly Gound Sea Salt & Black Pepper to taste
In a large dutch oven, over medium heat, saute onion and garlic in olive oil until onion becomes translucent.
Add the asparagus and chicken stock to the pot. Cover and boil until the asparagus is tender, about 5 minutes. Check for tenderness by stabbing with a fork. Add the heavy cream to the pot and cook for an additional minute. Season with salt & pepper.
Transfer the soup to your Vitamix, blender, or food processor and process until smooth. Make sure there are no chunks of asparagus. You want a really smooth soup.
Divide soup between 6 bowls and garnish with the pancetta/prosciutto and chives.
When you follow a Keto, Whole Food, or Paleo diet, weeknight dinners can easily derail your progress if you don’t keep an arsenal of quick and easy recipes on hand. This recipe is both. #ThisGirlLovesToEat
Quick & Easy Cheesy Portobello Chicken
- 9 ounces Frozen Tyson Grilled & Ready Fully Cooked, Diced Chicken Breast (Thawed)
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Thinly Sliced
- 4 ounces Sliced Portobello Mushroom
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 3 Slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1/2 Cup White Wine
- 1/2 tsp Dried Tarragon
- Freshly Ground Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Preheat oven to 425° F and grease a 4 cup baking dish with butter.
Heat oil in a medium skillet. Add onion, garlic, salt and pepper and sauté for 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Add the chicken, Parmesan, tarragon, bacon, and mushrooms to the skillet. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the wine and simmer for another 5 minutes.
Transfer to the greased baking dish and top with the shredded mozzarella cheese. Put (uncovered) into the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling and beginning to brown. I served this over a bed of mashed cauliflower for a perfect #KetoMeal
Make Ahead Tip: If you are making this dish ahead, put into the buttered baking dish and cover/refrigerate. When ready to put in the oven, throw the dish in the microwave for about 3 minutes, at 50% power, to take the chill off, then top with the cheese and bake as directed.
Nutrition Information (Serves 3)
- 447 Calories
- 39 g Fat
- 4 g Carbohydrates
- 27 g Protein
Getting rear-ended by a #TextingTeenager in my Shiny Red Porsche has left me incredibly sore, unable to exercise, do most things with my hands, lift just about everything, go just about anywhere, and, worst of all for my followers, type my blog. 😦 Unfortunately, for my hard earned weight loss gains, it has allowed me to, once again, sit on my butt and eat. #ThisGirlLovesToEat
Thankfully I have good Keto recipes, a stand mixer to stir for me, and a good friend willing to fix my one fingered typing errors, so I’m kind of back.
Keto Banana Muffin Tops
- 6 TBLS Egg Whites
- 1 Whole Large Egg
- 3 VERY Ripe Small to Medium Bananas
- 1+1/2 Cups Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Baking Flour
- 2 TBLS Butter Melted
- 2 TBLS Truvia
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Cup Macadamia Nuts, Walnuts or Pecans (if desired)
In medium bowl combine your baking flour, baking powder, and cinnamon.
In stand mixer combine your egg whites and truvia. Beat on medium/high speed until stiff peaks form then turn off.
In a third bowl combine the whole egg, bananas, butter and nuts (if using).
Add the banana mixture to the dry mixture. Stir until well combined then fold in egg whites.
Spoon mixture into muffin top pan and bake at 350° F for 14 – 16 minutes or until bottoms are browned. You can also line mini-muffin pans with parchment paper and bake for 18 – 23 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- 56 Calories
- 1 g Fat
- 4.5 g Carbs
- 3 g Protein
Pure Wow posted this yummy steak recipe that’s #KetoFriendly! #ThisGirlLovesToEat
LEMON HERB SAUCE
Prep Time: 1 hr 30 min |Cook Time: 30 min
1. PREPARE THE STEAK: Place the flank steak in a large plastic ziplock bag. In a medium bowl, whisk the oil with the Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, garlic, chile powder and herbs to combine. Pour the mixture over the steak and seal the bag. Marinate, refrigerated, for up to 1 hour.
2. WHILE THE STEAK MARINATES, MAKE THE SAUCE: Whisk the oil with the anchovies, garlic, mustard, lemon zest and lemon juice to combine. Stir in the herbs and season with salt and pepper.
- When the steak is finished marinating, remove it from the bag and brush off the excess marinade. Season with salt and pepper.
4. GRILL THE STEAK: Cook the steak on a hot grill (or grill pan) until it is well browned on the outside and reaches the desired doneness, about 5 to 7 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Remove the steak from the grill and let it rest for 15 minutes. Slice the steak and serve immediately with the sauce.
Lemon Herb Sauce
It’s amazing how easy it can be to make something forbidden on the #KetoDiet suddenly OK just by changing a few ingredients! I am an admitted ice cream addict and have missed my Ben & Jerry’s Cherry Garcia more than I ever imagined I would. After seeing how easily I made this strawberry ice cream #KetoFriendly, I’ll be trying my hand at a Copy Cat of my favorite frozen guilty pleasure! Next time I may even add a tablespoon or two of Grand Marnier to the strawberries (instead of the lemon juice) as they are macerating for a little kick of adult enjoyment! #ThisGirlLovesToEat
Keto Strawberry Ice Cream
- 2 Cups Hulled and Chopped Fresh Strawberries (I like mine chunky)
- 3 TBLS Truvia Cane Sugar/Stevia Blend
- 4 tsp (1+1/2 TBLS) Fresh Lemon Juice (juice from 1 small lemon)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Cup Half & Half
In sealed container, combine the strawberries, Truvia and lemon juice and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Meanwhile combine vanilla, heavy whipping cream, and 1/2 & 1/2 in a 2 cup measuring cup or bowl and refrigerate or 30 minutes.
After strawberries have macerated at least 30 minutes, mash them up a bit with a potato masher or meat tenderizer then add them to your frozen ice cream maker bowl. Pour your liquid ingredients into the ice cream maker bowl on top of the strawberries.
Turn your machine and process the ice cream until it reaches your desired consistency. It took me 15 minutes to reach a solid soft serve in my Cuisinart 2 Quart Frozen Yogurt & Ice Cream Maker.
If you want your ice cream to have a firmer consistency you can scoop it into a single container with a lid or, like I did, scoop it in 2 oz portions, into small containers for single servings.
Nutrition Information (8 – 2 oz servings)
- 140 Calories
- 12 g Fat
- 4 g Carbs
- 2 g Protein
When I am in a snacking mood, I adore spreading hot pepper jelly on crackers topped with cream cheese. I don’t get to indulge in that guilty pleasure very often on my #KetoDietPlan, but I had a couple of tablespoons left in a jar of my favorite cranberry, pomegranate, pepper jelly and wondered why I couldn’t use the same combination with chicken, and still stay in my Keto guidelines, so I did. #ThisGirlLovesToEat
Pepper Jelly Cream Cheese Chicken
- 4 Skin-on, Bone-in Chicken Thighs (about 8 oz each)
- 4 TBLS Cream Cheese (softened)
- 3 Cups Fresh Baby Spinach Leaves
- 1 tsp Nutmeg (divided)
- 2 TBLS Pepper Jelly (Any Flavor)
- Olive Oil Spray
Preheat oven to 375° F and spray the bottom of an 8 x 8 Pyrex baking dish with olive oil cooking spray.
Using your hands (I wear disposable gloves) combine the softened cream cheese, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, and the spinach leaves in a medium bowl.
Place the thighs in your backing dish and gently lift the skin away from the meat to form a pocket sos you can divide the spinach mixture and fill each thigh with it. Once you’ve filled each thigh pocket (A.K.A. Saddlebag LOL) spray the skin lightly with olive oil spray then sprinkle the remaining 1/2 tsp of nutmeg & spoon 1/2 tbls of the jelly on top of each thigh.
Bake for 40 minutes, or until a thermometer registers 165° – 180° F. The higher the temperature the more the muscle fiber breaks down and the more tender your meat will be.
Nutrition Information (Serving Size 1 Thigh)
- 280 Calories
- 19 g Fat
- 7 g Carbs
- 21 g Protein