While my market still has asparagus in the produce department, I’m making soup! #ThisGirlLovesToEat
Quick & Easy Keto Asparagus Soup
- 1 Sweet Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1 TBLS Olive Oil
- 2 Pounds Fresh Asparagus, chopped into 1″ pieces (discard ends)
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 Cups Low-Sodium Chicken Stock
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Cup Chopped Pancetta or Prosciutto, sautéed
- 2 TBLS chopped chives
- Freshly Gound Sea Salt & Black Pepper to taste
In a large dutch oven, over medium heat, saute onion and garlic in olive oil until onion becomes translucent.
Add the asparagus and chicken stock to the pot. Cover and boil until the asparagus is tender, about 5 minutes. Check for tenderness by stabbing with a fork. Add the heavy cream to the pot and cook for an additional minute. Season with salt & pepper.
Transfer the soup to your Vitamix, blender, or food processor and process until smooth. Make sure there are no chunks of asparagus. You want a really smooth soup.
Divide soup between 6 bowls and garnish with the pancetta/prosciutto and chives.