I bought some organic tomatoes on the vine and a pint of grape tomatoes that I hadn’t finished but didn’t want to go to waste. Tomato soup is my favorite, but the canned variety is SO full of carbs…enter the #InstantPot and, 20 minutes later, viola #LowCarbTomatoBisque!
Spicy Tomato Bisque
- 2 TBLS Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onion (1 Small to Medium Onion)
- 3 Ribs Celery, Chopped (About 3/4 Cup)
- 2 Medium Carrots, Peeled & Cut into 1/2″ Slices
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Peeled
- 4-6 Medium Tomatoes, Quartered (I used 4 + 2/3 Pint of Grape Tomatoes)
- 1/2 TBLS Dried Oregano
- 1/2 TBLS Dried Parsley
- 1/2 TBLS Dried Basil
- 1 – 10.5 oz Can Beef Consommé (or Vegetable Broth for Vegetarian) + 1/2 Can Water
- Dried Red Pepper Flakes (if desired)
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan Cheese (if desired)
Set the Instant Pot to saute mode and add the oil to warm. Add onion, celery, garlic, carrots, tomatoes, oregano, basil and parsley cook for about 3 minutes.
Add Consommé/Broth and red pepper if using. Mix well. Close the Instant Pot with pressure valve to sealing and set to cook for 9 minutes.
When cycle is complete, set valve to quick release, open the Instant Pot, and puree the soup using an immersion blender. I prefer mine a little bit chunky.
Set the Instant Pot to Saute mode. Stir in cream and adjust spices with salt & pepper as needed. Ladle into bowls, and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
Nutrition Information: Serves 6
- 152.5 Calories
- 13g Fat
- 6.5 g Carbs
- 2 g Protein
Are you on Facebook? You might be interested in the things I may not devote an entire blog post to: recipes, food facts, nutritional information, photos and other things that make my mouth water. If so, visit my This Girl Loves To Eat community at: https://www.facebook.com/ThisGirlLovesHerFood