I’m a savory snack girl, but don’t want to completely derail my hard earned Keto gains by cheating with a bag of store bought potato chips. What’s a snacker to do? This snacker chooses to spend her carbs on a healthier version of sweet potato chips, without the store bought preservatives and additives. #ThisGirlLovesToEat
Salted Lime Sweet Potato Chips
- 4 Medium Sweet Potatoes (or yams)
- 1 TBLS Corn Starch
- Olive Oil Spray
- 4 Limes
- Freshly Ground Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 425° and place oven safe cooling racks on 2 baking sheets.
- Wash sweet potatoes and thinly slice with a very sharp kitchen knife or mandolin.
- Place sweet potato slices in a bowl and cover them with warm water and corn starch. Soak for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the water and dry very well with a paper towel.
- Lay a single layer of potatoes on each rack and spray each side of the potato slice with olive oil spray.
- If you have a small spray bottle, fill it with your lime juice & spritz top side lightly with the lime juice. If you don’t have a spray bottle, drizzle the lime juice lightly over your potatoes.
- Lightly salt the tops then bake for 15 – 25 minutes (depending on thickness of slices), flipping the potato slices half way through the baking process. Check the potato chips frequently, it may take less time if your chips are sliced extra thin, to make sure that they don’t burn! Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Information (Serving Size 1 oz):
- 24 Calories
- 0 g Fat
- 4 g Carbs
- <1 g Protein
One way to meal prep for the week is to do kebabs in the air fryer. Not only is it fast, but it’s a perfect way to measure out exactly what you’re eating. Today I made chicken kebabs and put them together with 3 different sides for 3 different healthy meals this week. These can easily be laid atop a bed of fresh spinach topped with olive oil and salt & pepper, beside a green salad, or on a mound of cauliflower mash. Except for needing to remove and heat the kebabs separately with the salad, it’s a quick & easy minute in the microwave for a hearty weekday lunch or dinner. #ThisGirlLovesToEat
Air Fryer Chicken Kebabs
- 1 – 12 oz Chicken Breast, Trimmed (I used chicken breast fillets)
- 1 Medium Zucchini, Cut into 1/2″ Slices
- 18 Plum or Cherry Tomatoes
- 6 Bamboo Skewers or metal skewers supplied with rack
- 3 TBLS Low Carb BBQ Sauce
Cut the skewers (if using bamboo skewers & necessary) with a pair of kitchen shears, down to just short of the length of your Air Fryer Tray. Soak the skewers in water for 10-15 minutes.
Cut your chicken into about 1″ Chunks and toss in 3 TBLS low carb BBQ sauce.
Thread each skewer with 3 slices Zucchini (About 1 oz), 3 plum or cherry tomatoes, 2 oz chicken breast cut into 4 chunks. Start and end with a piece of zucchini for stability and alternate pieces of chicken and cherry tomato with a piece of zucchini in the middle.
If you have a rack for your air fryer (for holding skewers), place as many skewers as will fit without crowding (mine holds 3). Cook for 9-10 minutes at 350° F then remove cooked skewers and finish cooking the rest. Brush with more BBQ if desired.
Nutrition Information (Serving Size 2 Skewers)
- 166 Calories
- 1.2 g Fat
- 10 g Carbs
- 28 g Protein
I love anything New Orleans fare and the Muffaletta sandwich is no exception. Unfortunately, when you are following a Keto lifestyle, Muffaletta sandwiches, on big French rolls, are out of the question. Luckily, almost any sandwich can be made into a salad, and the Muffaletta is one of them that makes a great one.
It has a lot of ingredients, and involves a lot of chopping, but the end result is SO worth it! #ThisGirlLovesToEat
New Orleans Muffaletta Salad
First, whisk together your dressing so it can chill while you are prepping the salad. The dressing is a great one to have extra of for regular salads and even marinating chicken with, so I usually double or triple the recipe when I’m making this salad. So I can store the extra for easy use later, I use an OXO Good Grips Salad Dressing Shaker:
- 3 TBLS Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic, Crushed (I use 1 tsp jarred crushed garlic)
- 1/4 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Dried Basil
- Freshly Ground Salt & Pepper to taste
To create the salad, combine and toss the following in a large bowl:
- 1 Bag Romaine Lettuce (9 oz Size)
- 1 Stalk Celery, Chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 1/2 Medium Red Onion, Finely Chopped
- 4 ounces sliced salami, chopped
- 4 ounces sliced Sopressata, chopped
- 4 ounces sliced Mortadella, chopped
- 4 ounces sliced Provolone cheese, chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) jar Giardiniera salad, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped Kalamata olives
- 6-8 pepperoncini, finely chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
Once your salad is prepared, drizzle all of the dressing over the salad and toss thoroughly. Serve cold.
Nutrition Information (Serves 6 Main Course Servings):
- Calories: 295 – Salad 158 – Dressing (453)
- Fat: 22.5 – Salad 18 – Dressing (40.5)
- Carbs: 5.5 – Salad 0 – Dressing (5.5)
- Protein: 17 – Salad 0 – Dressing (17)