A light lemony cheesecake dessert on a buttery shortbread-like crust with a sweet-tart lemon layer covered by creamy cheesecake layer. You can enjoy this guilt free because #ItsKeto!
Keto Lemon Cheesecake Bars
Preheat oven to 350° F and lightly butter a 13 x 9 Pyrex baking pan.
Using a pastry blender, forks, or your blender/Vitamix, combine the ingredients for your crust until coarse crumbs form. TIP: I like to use my Vitamix 750 Pro on the 2 setting, after pulsing to start, so that, instead of coarse crumbs, a light, fluffy dough forms.
- 1+1/2 Cups Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Baking Flour
- 1/2 Cup Swerve Confectioners Sugar Substitute
- 3/4 Cup Cold Unsalted Butter, Cut into Cubes
Press the crumbs into the bottom of the baking dish. Bake until golden brown, 18-21 minutes. Don’t under cook the crust! Remove from the oven and set aside.
Prepare the lemon layer by combining, in your blender:
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Granulated Xylitol or Erithritol (Sugar Substitutes)
- 1+1/2 TBLS Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Baking Flour
- 2 TBLS Lemon Zest
- 1 Cup Lemon Juice
Pour lemon mixture onto the baked crust. Skim off any large bubbles from the surface of the lemon layer.
Prepare the cheesecake layer by combining, in your stand mixer or cleaned blender container:
- 2 – 8 oz Packages Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Granulated Xylitol or Erithritol
- 2 Large Eggs
BEWARE: If you use Xylitol in this recipe, which I prefer because there’s no aftertaste or cool sensation, Xylitol IS NOT PET SAFE! So, no sharing with your furry babies.
When well combined, pour and spread over the lemon mixture. It’s ok if the lemon layer peeks through, the cheesecake layer rises to the top during baking. Bake until the filling is set about 40 minutes. Remove from oven and cool pan on a wire rack before putting into the refrigerator to chill. Cut into 24 Bars and top with a couple of fresh berries if desired. #ThisGirlLovesToEat
Nutrition Information (24 Servings):
- 131 Calories (Savings of 125 Calories without real sugars & all purpose flour)
- 1 g Fat (Savings of 13 g Fat from traditional recipe)
- 4 g Carbs (Savings of 27 g Carbs from traditional recipe)
- 3 g Protein