There’s nothing better than finding out one of your favorite guilty pleasures is #KetoFriendly! Thanks to Christina Cherrier at #EatWell101 one of my favorites, chicken jalapeño poppers, is now an easy to make casserole! Winna Winna Chicken Dinner! 😉 #ThisGirlLovesToEat
Jalapeño Popper Chicken Casserole
- 2 lbs (900g) boneless, skinless, chicken breast cooked and shredded (about 3-4 chicken breasts)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 oz (225g) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (125ml) heavy cream or milk
- 1/4 cup (60ml) chicken stock
- 1/2 pound (125g) jalapeño peppers (about 5-6 peppers)
- 4 oz (125g) sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup crumbled crispy bacon
Preheat your oven to 375˚F (190ºC). Lay shredded cooked chicken in a 13 x 9″ casserole dish. Season with garlic powder, paprika, and pepper.
Whisk together heavy cream, cream cheese, and chicken stock. Spread the mixture evenly over shredded chicken.
Wash the jalapeño peppers and cut the tops off. Remove the seeds and stems if you want it milder, or leave some if you want more spicy. Cut the peppers into strips and lay them on top of the cream cheese. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top.
Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly and hot. Remove from oven 5 minutes before cooking is complete and sprinkle with bacon; then return for the remaining cooking time. Garnish the jalapeño popper chicken casserole with fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy!
- Serve warm on a bed of cauliflower rice, with a side salad, sautéed spinach, or veggies like broccoli, or Brussels sprouts.
- This recipe is naturally gluten free, low carb, and Keto friendly.