Since going Keto, I’ve missed sandwiches and wraps, so I’m always on the lookout for a low carb replacement. Today I tripped across a simple recipe I could adapt for spinach based wraps that I can use for lunches or even burritos! #ThisGirlLovesToEat
Quick & Easy Spinach Wraps
- 1/2 – of a 16 oz bag of Frozen Spinach (defrosted)
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Psyllium Husk Powder
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1/8 tsp Freshly Ground Sea Salt
- 1/8 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Defrost spinach, then squeeze out all of the water.
- Put the spinach and all other ingredients in your blender or Vitamix.
- Process for 1-2 Minutes, gradually increasing your speed, until all ingredients are combined and very smooth.
- Add in 1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese. Blend another 15-30 Seconds.
- Lightly spray a small skillet with the olive oil spray (I used a 6 1/3″ Le Crueset Skillet) and put on stove with flame set to medium-high heat.
- After about 30 seconds, lower heat to medium and pour about 1/2 of the batter in the middle of the pan.
- Using a spatula spread the batter out to make a tortilla shape – the mix will be thick but not unspreadable, just keep spreading until you have created an even, thin disc.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, you should see bubbles popping like when cooking a pancake, or until the edges start to shrink away; check if cooked by lifting the edge: if it lifts easily, you can now flip your tortilla over and cook the other side for about another minute.
- Remove from pan, cool on a wire rack, and fill with your favorite sandwich or wrap fillings.
Cool completely and make sure wraps are dry before storing in a sealed container, between pieces of parchment or waxed paper, in the refrigerator. Can be frozen in zip bags as well.
Nutrition Information per wrap (makes 3 large wraps):
- 168 Calories
- 6 g Fat
- 3 g Carbs
- 9 g Protein