Appetizers and small plates are the easiest way to stay on target when I’m trying to lose a few pounds or clean up my diet. These chicken, bacon, ranch meatballs are perfect with a small salad and a side of cauliflower mash for an easy weeknight dinner and a great way to snack without guilt at tailgate parties! Low carb, nut free, gluten free, grain free, and, best of all for me, #KetoFriendly!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Balls
- 1 Pound Ground Chicken
- 12 Slices Thick Cut Bacon
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Large Egg, Beaten
- 1 tsp Dried Dill
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Dried Parsley
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Freshly Ground Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425° F and line baking sheet with foil and baking rack. Lay bacon strips on baking rack in even layer. Bake bacon in oven until crispy, about 15-20 minutes depending on thickness of bacon. Crumble bacon into small pieces. (Dispose of foil from baking sheet or use second baking sheet.) Decrease oven heat to 375 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To a large mixing bowl, add ground chicken, crumbled bacon, shredded cheddar, egg, and spices. Using hands, mix together until thoroughly combined. Form mixture into equal-sized balls, about 1 1/2 tbsp of mixture per ball, place on prepared baking sheet, and lightly press down to slightly flatten. Bake until golden brown and cooked throughout, 25-30 minutes.
- Remove poppers from oven, allow to cool slightly, and serve with low carb ranch dressing drizzled on balls or on the side. #ThisGirlLovesToEat
Nutrition Information – Serving 1 Ball (Makes 16 Balls)
- 116 Calories
- 9 g Fat
- 0 g Carbs
- 9 g Protein