Summer is Coming! Can you think of a better way to cool off on a hot summer day than with a boozy adult popsicle? What if it was a Keto treat to boot?
Making them is as easy as combining 3 ingredients, pouring them into an ice pop mold, sliding them into the freezer, and keeping your grubby hands off of them until they have time (overnight is best) to form into decadent boozy refreshment on a stick.
Moscow Mule Popsicles
Combine ingredients in mixing glass or pitcher. Divide among 6 freezer pop molds, close securely, and freeze until solid (ideally overnight).
After pops are removed from freezer, they melt fairly quickly to a consistency like granita or firm slushy; serve with straws and cups, if you like. Makes 6.
Tip: I used the Ozera Reusable Popsicle Molds with Tray & Cleaning Brush. The popsicles released quick & clean, they are dishwasher safe, BPA free, and have a build in drip tray for catching any boozy goodness that tries to melt away. #ThisGirlLovesToEat
View the recipe on Wine Enthusiast Magazine
Woman (and) man cannot live on low carb food alone! This woman needs, what my daddy used to call, a 5 O’Clocker when the stressful day is through. Be it a lovely glass of red wine, a bubbly glass of Champagne, or a down and dirty cocktail, there is just something comforting about that time when I finally get to sit and pet my labs while I throw off the stresses and worries of the day.
Thankfully, there’s no reason I have to ruin my diet while doing so. There are no carbs in a 1+1/2 ounce pour of straight spirits like whiskey, rum, and vodka; a 5 ounce glass of red wine has 2.5 grams of carbs, and the drinks below, adapted from Lowcarb-ology, have 0-3 grams of carbs, so those of us who actively participate in the #KetoLifestyle can imbibe guiltlessly, as long as we also remember that frequent consumption of alcohol while dieting can stall weight loss (if that is our goal).
Vanilla Old Fashioned
- 1″ piece of orange peel
- 1″ vanilla bean, split in half
- 2 ounces good quality bourbon (I prefer Maker’s Mark/Maker’s 46)
- 1 tsp sugar free vanilla syrup (I use Torani)
- Club Soda or Zevia sparkling water mandarin orange (I get it at Whole Foods) – optional
Rub the inner part of the orange peel around the inside and rim of the glass, then muddle the peel and vanilla bean at the bottom of the glass.
Add the bourbon and vanilla syrup. Stir, add a single globe or block cube of ice (for slow melting) & top with an ounce of club soda (give a quick stir) if desired. 130 Calories / 0 Carbs
- 1 ounce Pineapple Vodka (I like Skyy Infusions Pineapple)
- 2 ounces Vodka (Grey Goose is my preference)
- 1 drop peppermint oil (it needs to be for ingestion) or 1 ounce sugar free Torani peppermint syrup (optional but for the minty taste, you need one or the other)
- 1-2 drops blue food color or, if you have it, you can use blue zero calorie water enhancing drops like Zio blue
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 6 ounces sugar free ginger beer (I like 0 carb/0 calorie Zevia – I found it on Amazon)
Add all ingredients, except the ginger beer) to a shaker with ice and shake until well chilled. Strain into a rocks glass filled with ice, top with ginger beer and garnish with a wedge of lime & sprig of peppermint. 194 Calories / 0 Carbs
And, as always, my #MomReminder, anyone who drinks alcoholic beverages please do so responsibly. Always designate a sober driver, pre-schedule the very inexpensive option of Uber or take a taxi. #DontDrinkAndDrive.