I love gingerbread cookies but hate making them. The dough is a sticky mess and has to be refrigerated for hours and re-rolled before it can be cut and baked. It’s an all day project that I just don’t want any part of, so I don’t make them. This Keto recipe changed all of that. It’s fast and easy, only has to be refrigerated for 30 minutes. I can do that. #ThisGirlLovesToEat
Easy Spiced Gingerbread Cookies
- 1/4 Cup Butter softened
- 2 Cups granulated Stevia (like Swerve)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 TBLS Molasses (Use whatever strength you like, or none at all)
- 3 Large Eggs
- 3 TBLS ground Ginger
- 4 TBLS Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground Cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp White Pepper (optional)
- 3 Cups Almond Flour (the finer ground the better)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 TBLS Psyllium (helps the cookies stay firm & hold their shape)
In bowl of your stand mixer beat the sugar substitute, butter, molasses, vanilla, and eggs together until fully. Next add all the spices. Finally, add the almond flour, psyllium, baking powder and salt to the mix until just combined. Do not over beat.
Roll out the dough with a rolling pin between two sheets of parchment paper. You want the dough to be somewhere between 1/8 and 1/4″ thick. Put the dough into the refrigerator to chill for about 30 minutes before cutting.
Preheat oven to 325°F and remove dough from the refrigerator. Cut dough using cookie cutters and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Do NOT use parchment paper or any other type of liner.
Bake 12-15 minutes depending on the thickness of your cookies. They may not feel like they are done, but they will firm up as they cool. Leave sitting on the pan for a few minutes and then finish cooling on a wire rack.
Decorate with Keto Royal Icing if desired:
- 4 TBLS Powdered Stevia (like Swerve) + 1 TBLS Water / Heavy Cream or Milk. I use 1 TBLS Heavy Cream and about 1/2 TBLS of water to thin it down a bit.
- You can use a decorating bottle or bag fitted with a decorating tip, or a plastic lunch bag with the corner cut off and the decorating tip slipped inside.