Gatherings are easier with quick, #MakeAhead, appetizers. #AntipastoBites can be made the day before and kept, in a sealed container, in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve. The flavors are better when closer to room temperature, so, get them out 15-30 minutes before serving.
- 1/2 c. Extra-virgin olive oil, plus 3 Tablespoons, divided
- 9 oz. Fresh cheese tortellini
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
- 8 oz. Mozzarella balls (in deli case near specialty cheeses)
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. Red pepper flakes
- 4 oz. Sliced salami (or Prosciutto, Pepperoni, Sopressata, etc.)
- 1/4 lb. Roasted red peppers, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Bunch fresh basil
- 14 oz. Artichoke hearts (drain & chop into bite-sized pieces)
- 1/4 lb. Green olives (Can substitute black if you prefer)
- In a large pot of boiling water, add 1 tablespoon oil. Cook tortellini according to package directions until al dente. Drain and transfer to large bowl.
- Season cooked tortellini with salt and pepper. Add balsamic vinegar and 2 TBLS olive oil and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Marinate mozzarella: In a small bowl, add mozzarella balls, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, and remaining 1/4 cup olive oil. Mix to combine and set aside.
- Assemble skewers by layering one piece each mozzarella, salami, roasted red pepper, tortellini, basil, artichoke heart, and green olives.
Are you on Facebook? You might be interested in the things I may not devote an entire blog post to: food news, recipes, food facts, nutritional information, photos and other things that make my mouth water. If so, visit my This Girl Loves To Eat community at: https://www.facebook.com/ThisGirlLovesHerFood