Today I found this great recipe for Buttery Crackle Chicken Thighs on #SweetCsDesigns.
Buttery Crackle Chicken Thighs are the most delicious, juicy, and super crunchy chicken thighs you’ll ever make! #ThisGirlLovesToEat
- 1.5 lbs chicken, medium-large bone-in chicken thighs, skin on
- 2 tbsp butter, ghee/clarified
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Lay chicken thighs out on a cutting board, and using sharp kitchen scissors, cut out bone from thigh.
- Remove bones (save them for chicken stock if you make your own!)
- Pound chicken flat and make sure they are very dry, pat with paper towel if needed.
- Generously salt and pepper meat side of chicken (don’t salt fat side, as it can easily burn).
- Heat a cast iron (or heavy) pan on high heat, so it is scorching hot (but not smoking).
- Reduce heat to medium-high.
- Add ghee/butter to pan, and let melt.
- Add chicken to pan, starting with the fat side down.
- Let fat crisp and chicken brown, about 7 minutes.
- Flip chicken and cook until 165 degrees internal temp – about 6 minutes.
- Let rest 2-5 minutes and pat off any excess butter softly with a paper towel.
- If desired, cut chicken into strips.
Amount Per Serving
Calories277 Fat7g Cholesterol95mg Sodium113mg Protein21g