After accomplishing my goal of losing the 33 pounds that 3 foot surgeries and 5 breast surgeries (for a total of 8 in a 5 year span) piled on me, in just 12 weeks, it’s become second nature to convert my regular recipes into #KetoFriendly versions.
See how this quick & easy version of crab cakes compares versus other preparations in terms of net carbs per serving of 1 crab cake:
- Whole Wheat Breadcrumbs – 15 g carbs
- Panko – 11 g carbs
- Almond Meal (or Almond Flour but not super-finely ground) – 1.5 g of carbs
Quick Keto Crab Cakes
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 TBLS Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 tsp Ground Pepper
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Scallions
- 12 oz Jumbo Lump Crabmeat, drained and picked over
- 1/2 Cup Almond Meal (or Regular Grind Almond Flour)
- 2 TBLS Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Lime Wedges
Whisk egg, mayonnaise, mustard, pepper, salt, and cayenne pepper in a medium bowl. Squeeze in the juice from one wedge of lime and whisk until well combined. Stir in scallions and almond meal. Fold in the crab. Form the mixture into four patties.
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the crab cakes and cook, turning once, until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Serve with lime wedges and cilantro lime aioli (if desired).
Serving size: 1 Crab Cake Calories 265 / Fat 15 g / Carbs 1.5 g / Protein 22 g
Cilantro Lime Aioli
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Cilantro
- Juice and Zest of 1 medium Lime
- A drop or 3 😉 Franks Red Hot (or your favorite) Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 3/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Large Clove Garlic
Combine all ingredients in your blender container and process until well combined.
Serving size: 1 TBLS Calories 100 / Fat 11 g / Carbs 0 g / Protein 0 g