One of the biggest bummers for the Keto crowd during the holidays is feeling left out of all the baked goods and treats that others share at parties and family gatherings. Well, not this year! #ThisGirlLovesToEat
Shape Magazine gathered and shared some recipes that help those living the Keto lifestyle enjoy the flavors of the season without sacrificing their diet goals.
The mousse below takes 10 minutes to make and can even be put into a keto pie crust. If, by some chance, you don’t eat it all in one sitting, this mousse can be stored in air tight containers or in glass cups covered with plastic wrap for 5 days in the fridge.
Keto Pumpkin Mousse
- 8 oz Mascarpone or whole fat cream cheese (room temperature for at least 15 minutes)
- 1/4 cup Swerve Confectioners
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract optional
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (+additional to whip & top the dessert with)
- Place mascarpone and low-carb sweetener in a deep bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on low for 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. Beat on low until incorporated.
- Slowly, with the mixer running on low, add the heavy cream. Beat just until incorporated and fluffy, or for 2 minutes. Do not over beat.
- Top with whipped cream (optional), chopped sugar-free chocolate and mint
Amount Per Serving
Calories 247 Calories from Fat 216
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24g 37%
Saturated Fat 15g 75%
Cholesterol 64mg 21%
Sodium 29mg 1%
Potassium 56mg 2%
Total Carbohydrates 4g 1%
Protein 3g 6%
Vitamin A 80%
Vitamin C 1%
One thought on “Turkey Day Prep: Pumpkin Mousse for the Keto Crowd”