At the end of a long week, the last thing I want to do is spend hours cooking dinner. This beef stroganoff only takes 30 minutes to prepare and tastes like it’s been cooking all day. If you have the luxury of preparing this ahead of time and letting it sit for a few hours (or even just for one) you won’t believe how much richer it tastes! #ThisGirlLovesToEat
30 Minute Beef Stroganoff
- 12 – 16 ounces Filet Mignon, butterflied, cut into 1/2 ” slices then 1/4-1/2″ chunks
- 16 ounces Sliced Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 2 Shallots, finely chopped
- 1 Cup Beef Broth or Consommé
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/3 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 TBLS Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 TBLS Worcestershire Sauce
- 1+1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 3 TBLS + 1 Stick (1/2 Cup) Butter
- 1 TBLS Finely Ground Almond Flour or All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Dried or 2 TBLS Fresh Dill
- Freshly Ground Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- 12 ounce Package Extra Wide Egg Noodles
- 1 TBLS Minced Chives
Boil the noodles according to package directions. Drain and return to pan. Add 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter to the noodles, toss to combine, cover and set aside.
Spray a skillet with olive oil spray and, over medium-high heat, quickly sear the meat on all sides (1-2 minutes) and remove from heat.
Melt the 3 TBLS butter in the same skillet. Add the shallots, about 1 tsp pepper, and mushrooms and sauté over low heat until mushrooms are soft & onions are golden brown. Stir in the flour and cook for about a minute.
Combine the mustard, sour cream, whipping cream, Worcestershire sauce, nutmeg, and dill, then stir in the beef broth until well combined. Add to the mushrooms & onions and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, but don’t boil, for about 5 minutes. Add the meat and juices back to the sauce and cook just until the meat is warmed.
Pour the mixture over the buttered noodles and stir gently to combine. Serve topped with a dollop of sour cream (if desired) and chives.