I’m not a particularly artistic or crafty girl, but this project from #FoodNetwork looks like something even I can do! Made from paper napkins, these turkey napkins are fun, fairly easy to assemble and a surefire way to add a little extra gobble to every place setting. It’s a great way to get little hands involved – or a project for those not cooking that will keep “helpers” out of your way in the kitchen! Here’s their step-by-step guide. #ThisGirlLovesToEat
To make the turkey napkins you’ll need:
- 8″ x 4″ (Rectangular Fold) Red Paper Napkins (1 per place setting)
- 8″ x 8″ (Square) Orange Paper Napkins (1 per place setting)
- Woven Brown Napkin Rings (1 per place setting)
- Peel Off Glue Dots (4 per place setting)
- Glue on Google Eyes (2 per place setting)
- Orange Felt & Scissors
- Unfold red napkin so it’s halfway open.
- Start with the red napkins and use an accordion fold (fold, flip, fold) to fold each up completely (as pictured). When you’re done, it should be about an inch wide. Moving onto the orange napkin, fold in the edges of the napkin, about 1/2-inch on each side. Then do an accordion fold on the orange napkin, the width should be a little under an inch.
- Layer the two napkins so that the orange napkin fits into the grooves of the red napkin. Don’t worry if the two don’t perfectly line up — slight imperfections will actually lend some nice extra texture.
- Gently work the napkins back into their accordion fold and carefully slide the napkin ring onto the middle of the napkins.
- Gently work with the napkin arrangement to see what it will look like when the two top corners of the red napkin are touching. Using your glue dots, attach the top two inner corners of the red napkins together with a glue dot. You want the napkin “feathers” to fan out.
- Cut a small triangle out of the orange felt and use a glue dot to affix your turkey’s beak to the napkin ring.
- Using two more glue dots, affix the two eyes above the beak, creating the turkey face.
To see the step-by-step instruction photo gallery, visit this link.