This sauce, found on Pinterest, could be used on anything from salad, to tacos, quesadillas, taquitos, egg rolls, or just eaten with chips. The best part is you won’t need to feel guilty, at least about the dip…
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeno
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1/2 fresh squeezed lime
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Wash ingredients well, especially the cilantro because it can hold in a lot of dirt.
- Cut lime and avocado in halves.
- Remove the avocado seed
- Scoop the avocado from its shell in put into Vitamix or food processor.
- Add 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, 1/2 jalapeno, 3 garlic cloves, pinch of salt and 1/2 bunch of cilantro into Vitamix/food processor.
- If you do not like your dip/dressing super spicy, remove seeds of jalapeno beforehand.
- If you want it extra spicy, add an entire jalapeno or substitute a habanero or hotter pepper.
- Squeeze 1/2 lime into mix.
- Blend for 3 minutes.
- Do a taste test. You may need to add more salt, pepper or lime juice, depending on your personal taste.
- If you would like a thinner sauce, if you are using as salad dressing, add just a touch of water to thin out. Start with a tablespoon and thin a bit at a time.
- Blend another 1-2 minutes.
- Pour into a sealed container, refrigerate until ready to eat.
If you use Facebook and are interested in the things I may not devote an entire blog post to: things like health articles, my favorite recipes, fun drinks, food facts, nutritional information, restaurant reviews, photos and other things that make my mouth water, I have a very active page on Facebook you can visit too: https://www.facebook.com/ThisGirlLovesHerFood