Because the photo of the recipe isn’t on the same page as this recipe from #EatingWell Magazine, you could blink and miss it. I’d have been sorry if I did!
Not only was I able to adapt it to make it #KetoFriendly, but it’s quick and easy & makes a perfect compliment for the Keto sandwiches I’m now able to enjoy because of my latest discovery: #Sola, 3g carbs per slice, Sweet Oat Bread! It’s not cheap, but I can get it on Amazon and get my grilled cheese sandwich fix again!
Quick Zucchini Pickle Ribbons
- 2 Medium Zucchini
- 8 Fresh Dill Sprigs
- 3/4 Cup White Wine Vinegar
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 1 TBLS Erythritol (or other Sugar Substitute)
- 2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Crushed Garlic Clove
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Dried Red Pepper
- Cut zucchini into long strips using a vegetable peeler, discarding the inner seeds. (You should have about 12 ounces of strips.) Place in a heatproof jar and add dill.
- Combine vinegar, water, sugar substitute, mustard seeds, garlic and crushed red pepper in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Pour into the jar. Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes. Drain and serve immediately.
Nutrition Information per 1/4 Cup Serving
8 calories; 0 g fat; 0 g fiber; 0 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 10 mcg folate; 0 mg cholesterol; 0 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 99 IU vitamin A; 7 mg vitamin C; 8 mg calcium; 0 mg iron; 40 mg sodium; 107 mg potassium #ThisGirlLovesToEat