Nothing is worse than realizing that you have a refrigerator full of expensive groceries that are nearing the end of their freshness and it’s time to cook them or they’ll go to waste.
Unfortunately I found myself in just that situation today, with a ridiculous amount of post New Year’s ingredients that were past their ability to be frozen, so a week’s worth of meal prepping #BetterThanUsual meals began with a soup that my family usually boycotts. I’m betting that, with a pound of filet mignon, they won’t be boycotting this one. 😉 The bonus for me is that it is #KetoFriendly
Refreigerator Keto Soup
- 2 Pieces Thick Cut Bacon cut into 1/4″ strips
- 1/2 Medium Onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp Fresh Thyme chopped
- 3/4 Pound Uncooked Steak cut into 1/2″ pieces
- 2 Medium Zucchini chopped into 1/2″ chunks
- 3 Roma Tomatoes chopped (or 1 can diced tomatoes)
- 1 Can Campbells Condensed Beef Consommé + 1 Can Water or 2 Cans Beef Broth
- Freshly ground sea salt & pepper to taste
Over medium heat, cook bacon until almost brown. Add in onion, garlic, and thyme. Sauté about 5 minutes then add the steak and cook over medium-low heat until just browned.
Add the tomatoes and zucchini and stir in. Cook about 5 minutes. Salt and pepper liberally. Add the consommé and water to the pan and return the heat to medium. Bring the soup to a boil then return to the heat to medium-low and continue to cook for about 30 minutes.
Serve with shredded cheddar or pepper jack cheese over to top if desired. #ThisGirlLovesToEat