One look at this video and all I could think was, “Yum!” I was able to eyeball the measurements of the ingredients pretty accurately from the video but, just to be safe, a quick Google hunt led me to the recipe at www.mybakingaddiction.com. I love the internet!
Oatmeal Cream Pies
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Line Cookie Sheet with Parchment Paper
- In large bowl combine: 2 Sticks (1 Cup) Softened Butter
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
Cream together with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add in:
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
Blend together until eggs are well incorporated. Add in:
- 1+1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 3 Cups Old Fashioned Oats
Blend together until all ingredients are combined.
- Drop dough by rounded large dough scoop into parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake 13-15 minutes
- Cool cookies on sheet for 1 minute then remove to wire racks to cool completely
To make Vanilla Buttercream filling, in a medium bowl combine:
- 3/4 Cup Softened Butter (1 +1/2 sticks)
- 2+1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 TBLS Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
Blend with mixer until fluffy. If too thick or stiff add a little more milk to thin.
Spread or pipe buttercream filling between two cookies sandwich style and enjoy!
Homemade Oatmeal Cream Pies pic.twitter.com/Mz5FYzV8GM
— Recipes GIFs (@Thelnteresting) March 9, 2017
If you use Facebook and are interested in the things I may not devote an entire blog post to: things like health articles, my favorite recipes, fun drinks, food facts, nutritional information, restaurant reviews, photos and other things that make my mouth water, I have a very active page on Facebook you can visit too: https://www.facebook.com/ThisGirlLovesHerFood