Admittedly I prefer cooking meals to baking any day! My desserts are never pretty. 😐 Regardless, I bit the bullet today and prepared to make something to take to a 4th of July BBQ tomorrow. I thought about cookies, but wasn’t in the mood for something so labor intensive, then came upon a long forgotten boxed angel food cake mix in my cupboard. The “best by” date had admittedly passed, but since the only added ingredient was water, I decided to give it a shot… #ThisGirlLovesToEat
Angel Food Cupcakes
- 1 Box Betty Crocker Angel Food Cake Mix
- 1+1/4 Cups Water
Add water to cake mix in metal or glass bowl and mix on low 30 seconds then medium for 1 minute. Divide batter between 24 paper lined cupcake pan holes and put pans into a preheated 375° F oven. Bake for 18 minutes, or until tops are browned and not sticky to the touch. Remove from oven when done baking and cool on wire racks until ready to frost.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 12 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 12 TBLS (3/4 Cup) Room Temperature Butter
- 1+1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 4+1/2 Cups Confectioner’s (Powdered) Sugar
Put butter, vanilla, and cream cheese in the bowl of your stand mixer and beat on medium speed until well combined. Reduce speed to low and slowly add the powdered sugar until all is incorporated then turn speed to medium and whip until frosting is light and fluffy.
Frost each of the cupcakes & enjoy! Keep in refrigerator.
Nutrition Information (24 Servings)
- 236 Calories: 70 Calories (Cupcake) 166 Calories (Frosting)
- 8.28 g Fat (All from the Frosting)
- 38 g Carbs: 16 g Carbs (Cupcake) 22 g Carbs (Frosting)
- 2 g Protein: 1.5 g Protein (Cupcake) .65 g Protein (Frosting)