Dessert doesn’t have to be made of ingredients that are bad for your diet!
You can take something healthy, like an apple and add some sweet or salty ingredients and it can feel like the most decadent treat without throwing you off of your diet track.
Large Granny Smith or Fuji Apple
Peanut butter (or Nutella, any other nut, seed, or soy butter/spread)
Granola or peanuts (or other favorite nuts, coconut, or seeds)
Dried cranberries (or raisins, dried cherries, apricots, dates or other dried fruit)
- Core the apple with an apple corer or melon baller.
- Lay the apple on its side and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Spread a thin layer of peanut butter over the slices.
- Top with a few chocolate chips, a few peanuts, and a few dried cranberries.
- Drizzle with thin lines of caramel or chocolate ice cream topping if desired.
- Enjoy without any guilt!
If you use Facebook and are interested in the things I may not devote an entire blog post to: things like health articles, my favorite recipes, fun drinks, food facts, nutritional information, restaurant reviews, photos and other things that make my mouth water, I have a very active page on Facebook you can visit too: https://www.facebook.com/ThisGirlLovesHerFood