4 1/2 years ago I underwent a procedure to repair a broken sesamoid bone in my foot that had gone untreated, although I had sought help, for roughly two years. When I finally had the source of my pain identified it resulted in a screw being inserted in my foot but the doctor was a bit aggressive in his treatment, his expectations of recovery, and then difficult when the treatment and surgery proved unsuccessful. I had issues/side effects from medications he prescribed that resulted in weight gain that I still haven’t been able to shake and my foot hasn’t healed properly!
The pain finally sent me to a different surgeon and the x-rays told a story that is not going to have a happy ending without another, more invasive, surgery and 8-12 weeks down afterward.
Of course it needs to happen ASAP, but I have lasted this long, what’s 3 more weeks? I’m already canceling a trip to St. Lucia, missing the first 8 weeks of home and road USC Trojan football games and another planned short trip, but I dug my heels in when it came down to my 2 sets of Guns N Roses tickets for the 18th and 22nd of this month. I can watch football on TV, but I have waited too long, and spent too much money to miss these shows. The doctor said he wouldn’t let me go to either if we did it before those dates, so we are scheduled for the 25th.
That being said, I am amping up my fruits & vegetables, cutting back on carbs and boosting my intake of fish and chicken since I’ll be sitting on my butt for 8 weeks following surgery, unable to put any weight at all on the foot, I’ll be severely limited for at least 4 weeks after that, and then I’ll be right in the middle of holiday season. I feel my jeans getting tighter already! UG!!!
To try and get ahead of this, the plan is to drink this concoction twice daily for the next three weeks to start flushing the anti-inflammatories (which thin my blood) and any other toxins out of my system, increase my hydration by trying to drink at least a gallon of water a day and stick to protein shakes for the 2 days immediately preceding the surgery. I’m going to show my husband how to make this drink for me so that I can flush the medications and anesthesia out of my system after surgery so I can start feeling better as quickly as possible.
The flush consists of:
- 8 oz Hot Water
- 2 TBLS Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 TBLS Honey
Honey and Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) are said to be great for your health because:
- They act as a method of cleansing waste from your colon;
- Both are high in potassium, which regulates the amount of sodium and breaks up mucus in your blood which clears the lymph nodes and helps normalize blood pressure;
- Both high in magnesium which also assists with lowering blood pressure by reducing the amount of pressure on blood vessels;
- ACV boosts healing properties of the skin;
- ACV flushes environmental toxins from the liver;
- ACV increases energy levels;
- ACV lowers blood sugar;
- ACV suppresses your appetite & slows fat accumulation, so you might lose a few pounds;
- ACV, when mixed with an equal amount of warm water and gargled, kills the bacteria that causes colds, sore throats and sinus infections;
- ACV kills bad breath bacteria;
- Diluted ACV (mixed into water or juice) help settle that stomach.
Are you on Facebook? You might be interested in the things I may not devote an entire blog post to: recipes, food facts, nutritional information, photos and other things that make my mouth water. I may not write a blog post every day, but there are daily updates to my This Girl Loves To Eat community at: https://www.facebook.com/ThisGirlLovesHerFood