I hate dieting! Me without a hearty breakfast (think coffee, eggs, bacon, and some kind of bread), lunch, a snack around 4, and dinner + wine = a grumpy, hangry girl with a raging headache!
But I’ll be a good girl, at least as much as I can be, so my doctor gets happier with my blood tests and that stupid body composition machine she likes to torture me with every few months.
So, I grudgingly started today with a meal replacement shake prescribed by my doctor: Designs for Health PaleoMeal Plus Lean Body 14 Day Program.
There are some pluses to this choice:
- It’s only available with a doctor referral
- You get a significant discount off the regular $139 with a doctor referral
- It’s made with Proserum, exceptional quality, native whey protein concentrate
- Comes from cows that graze on pesticide-free, chemical-free natural grass pastures, and which are never given hormones, genetically modified organisms, or injected pathogens
- The most important part, I get to eat between meals!
In addition, I know that I’m not making an effort to drink enough water, so 1 stocked up on liter bottles of Essentia 9.5% alkaline water.
Lunch was a really exciting smoothie concoction that I threw into the Vitamix:
- 2-3 Cups Fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 Large Ripe Nectarine – seed removed
- 1 Naval Orange Peeled
- 8 Medium – Large Frozen Strawberries
- 6-8 Ice Cubes
I mixed the fruit & spinach together on 2-5 speed until blended then threw the ice cubes in and popped it up to 8 until the ice cubes were crushed up. It was a very putrid shade of green but surprisingly sweet.
Big Bonus: I got 5 of my fruit/vegetable servings out of the way in one fell swoop!
Tattling on myself: While I was digging through the refrigerator I came across a bag of Sugar Babies. The bag of Sugar Babies is no longer in the refrigerator… Baby Steps.
If you are on Facebook and are interested in the things I may not devote an entire blog post to, recipes, food facts, nutritional information, photos and other things that make my mouth water, I have a page on Facebook you can visit too: https://www.facebook.com/ThisGirlLovesHerFood