I have an Echo Show that I bought on #PrimeDay with the intention of watching cooking videos, but the truth is I rarely use it for anything more than when I need some music to sing along to in the kitchen. Then it’s, “Alexa play Guns N Roses,” “Alexa play me 80’s (or 70’s) music,” or “Alexa play me 80’s hair metal.” 😉
My dad lives in assisted living and I just bought him an Amazon Echo Show for Christmas. Because this is an interactive device that has educational, entertainment, books, music, TED talks, motivational speakers, video and so many other skills that can fill a lot of empty hours, think about what a wonderful #VoiceActivated gift this would be for an elderly or house bound friend or relative. The Echo Show even allows you to talk via video messaging using your smartphone & the Alexa app!
I don’t do many product endorsements that fall outside of tools I use everyday when I am cooking, but this is one time I’m going to. Just so we’re clear, I do not get paid for product placements or endorsements. But, since it IS the main #GiftGivingSeason of the year, I recommend you watch for the discounts & bundled deals on the Echo Show, and the rest of this device series, in Amazon deals of the day. #ThisGirlLovesToShop
Now, back to the post…..
I was replacing the silicone inner seal for my pressure cooker on Amazon this morning, **TIP – keep an extra one on hand so you don’t carry heavy smells (like garlic) between dishes, when I saw the tab for Alexa Skills. That reminded me I hadn’t used my Echo Show lately. I started looking around and found that there are actually some useful things my Echo Show can do to help do things other than just cook in the kitchen, like stick to my diet. Maybe they can help you too.
If you are following any particular diet plan, there are many great tools that you can access with just your voice when you need some help or reassurance, like:
- Primal Potential Daily Bites: A daily, non-preachy, bit of coaching on mindset, attitude, fat loss strategy and everything you need to win the day & reach your goals.
- Healthy KETO: Dr. Eric Berg’s Healthy KETO & Intermittent Fasting Daily Podcast
- The KETO Police: Ask the KETO Police to tell you if a specific food is KETO or not
- vegi.style Vegan Guide: Vegan Search Engine. Examples – Ask for all vegan restaurants in a particular city or for vegan foods containing certain nutrients
- Vegan Chef: Thousands of vegan recipes
- Is it Paleo? Ask Is it Paleo? to tell you if a specific food is paleo
- Mediterranean Diet Daily: Everyday you will hear ideas for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner to help provide inspiration and motivation for your Mediterranean inspired lifestyle
- Food Expert by Selectivor: Always know what everyone can eat and their favorite foods – without the hassle of remembering complex food lists for allergies, most diet plans, etc.
Overall this tool is one that I need to remember I have and put into use more often. I am loading new skills in as I am typing and will start tomorrow…#ThisGirlLovesToEat