It’s the time of year when we all exchange gifts with friends. If you’re college age to not-yet married or perpetually single and loving it, chances are you and your friends also love getting together for cocktails.
Since we all can likely name our best friends’ go-to drink orders here are a few ideas for inexpensive ways to make sure they can make themselves a “five o’clocker” using the proper tools and vessels to drink them from without breaking the bank.
You can probably figure out gifts for a wine drinker – glasses, a pretty corkscrew, funny napkins, an aerator, or a decanter. For a beer drinker there is always the bottle opener, pilsner glass, mason jar glasses, or even (for the guy who hasn’t outgrown college) beer pong supplies/table.
If your gift is going to a margarita or daiquiri lover:
- 4 – 13 oz Margarita Glasses by Dailyware – dishwasher safe and made in the USA $9.99 at Bed, Bath & Beyond
- Margaritaville Salt & Lime Tray Set – set includes a cutting board and holding tray for lime wedges, a tray for rimming glasses with salt and a one-ounce shot glass $19.99 at Bed, Bath & Beyond
- Libbey Cancun 7 Piece Margarita Set – 6 Wide-rimmed glasses are ideal for salted rims and its generously sized pitcher is perfect for serving $19.99 at Bed, Bath & Beyond
Is your gift going to a Martini aficionado?
- 4 – Mikasa “Cheers” 10 oz Martini Glasses – top shelf dishwasher safe $39.99 at Bed, Bath & Beyond
- 4 – Lenox “Tuscany Classics” 10 oz Crystal Martini Glasses – hand wash only $39.99 at Bed, Bath & Beyond
- 4 – Dailyware 12 oz Martini Glasses – dishwasher safe and made in the USA $9.99 at Bed, Bath & Beyond
- Krosno “Bond” 30 oz Martini Pitcher and Stirrer – hand blown glass must be washed by hand $59.99 at Bed, Bath & Beyond
- Top Shelf Silver Stainless Steel Double Wall Cocktail Shaker – hand wash only $29.99 at Bed, Bath & Beyond
And finally, gifts for lovers of mixed drinks or straight up spirits:
- Libbey 9 Piece Cocktails Mixologist set – Includes 20-oz. mixing glass, 2-oz. shot glass, stainless steel strainer, wooden muddler, stainless steel spoon, and 3-piece stainless steel shaker $29.99 at Bed, Bath & Beyond
- Oggi Ice Bucket with Flip-top Lid – Extra large, 4-quart capacity ice bucket is double walled for better insulation and has an acrylic flip top lid for ease of use and to keep lid local! Also includes a stainless steel scoop. Hand clean only. $39.99 at Bed, Bath & Beyond
- 4 – Qualia Trend 14 oz Double Old Fashioned mouth blown glasses. Dishwasher safe $29.99 at Bed, Bath & Beyond
- 4 – Mikasa “Laura” 15.5 oz Double Highball clear glasses. Dishwasher safe $19.99 at Bed, Bath & Beyond
- Wine Enthusiast Brandy Warmer 4 Piece Set – a mouth-blown over-sized 25 oz snifter, a sturdy chrome stand, an unscented votive candle, and a glass votive holder. $29.99 at Bed, Bath & Beyond
- 2 – Godinger Hammered Copper Moscow Mule Mugs – 20 oz capacity hand wash only. $19.99 at Bed, Bath & Beyond
None of the gifts we exchange with friends need to break the bank to show that we care. With a little forethought and a handy 20% coupon for Bed, Bath & Beyond (you can use 5 per purchase you know) you might even save enough to grab a bottle or two to share with them!
If you’re on Facebook and are interested in the things I may not devote an entire blog post to: my favorite recipes, drinks, food facts, nutritional information, photos and other things that make my mouth water, I have a page on Facebook you can visit too: https://www.facebook.com/ThisGirlLovesHerFood