I woke up this morning to raindrops and remembered that my Mom used to make us Tuna Noodle Casserole on rainy days. That started a mad craving but I wasn’t sure I had everything to make it. UG!
After surveying the cupboards and refrigerator, and preparing the emergency replacement for one of my main sauce ingredients from yesterday’s blog post, I was good to go and well on my way to satisfying my craving with the unintended bonus of lightening the recipe and making the soup gluten free, so I didn’t feel quite so guilty having seconds. Yes!
Mom’s Lightened T.N.C.
- 1 – 12 to 16 oz package Extra Wide Egg Noodles (Gluten Free if desired)
- Scratch Condensed Cream of Celery Soup (follow link)
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 4 – 2.6 oz Single Serve Pouches Starkist Low-Sodium Chunk Light Tuna in Water
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- Prepare the noodles per package instructions
- Drain most of the water off in a colander
- Return noodles to the pan
- Warm the soup (if not already warm) over low heat
- Add the milk, contents of the tuna pouches, and mayonnaise and stir until combined
- Bring to a boil then remove from heat
- Using a heat proof rubber spatula, pour contents of soup pan over the noodles and gently fold it into the noodles.
Can be eaten hot or, as I prefer it, cold from the refrigerator!
Are you on Facebook? You might be interested in the things I may not devote an entire blog post to: recipes, food facts, nutritional information, photos and other things that make my mouth water. I may not write a blog post every day, but there are daily updates to my This Girl Loves To Eat community at: https://www.facebook.com/ThisGirlLovesHerFood