I have a recipe on my all things wine website, californiagirlsgonewine.com that calls for Amaretto in it. I know that you can make homemade Coffee and Irish Creme liqueur, and a little internet sleuthing led to the discovery that you can easily make homemade Amaretto too!
- 1 Cup Distilled Water
- 1 Cup Superfine (I use C & H Baker’s) Sugar
- 1 Cup Dark Brown Sugar (packed)
- 2 Cups Vodka (Any Vodka is fine)
- 2 TBLS Almond Extract
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Combine water and sugars in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Heat until the mixture is boiling, and all of the sugar is dissolved.
- Cook at a low boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the mixture cool for 10 minutes.
- Stir vodka, almond extract and vanilla extract into the mixture.
- Store in a well sealed bottle.
Perfect for mixing or sipping straight as an apéritif. #ThisGirlLovesToEat