It’s debate night and a few girlfriends and I are throwing together a spread so we can drink wine and yell at the combatants on the television screen. All was fine until I realized my son ate all of the chips and Amazon Prime Now had already made their second trip to my house of the day. UG!
I remembered I had a 5 pound bag of potatoes in the cabinet so bravely I took on baking homemade potato chips. How hard could it be? Truth be told, the whole first batch ended up in the trash…I baked them WAY too long and they were black. Oops!
This is the recipe that finally worked:
- 3 Large Russet Potatoes
- 1/4 Cup Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 -2 TBLS Sea Salt, Black Pepper, Cajun Spice Blend, Ranch Dressing Mix, Mrs. Dash, or any other seasoning blend you’d prefer
- Pre-heat oven to 400°
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly
- Using a mandolin type slicer, slice the potatoes into thin slices, rinse in cold water and pat dry
- Pour the olive oil into a medium sized mixing bowl, add the potato slices and the spice(s) you prefer
- Using tongs to separate, toss the potato slices making sure that they are thoroughly coated on both sides
- Place slices on baking sheets and put into preheated oven.
- Cook 12-15 minutes or until chips are brown (but not too dark)
- Remove from pans to paper towel lined drying racks so excess oil can be soaked up.
- Store in sealed container lined with paper towel between layers.
Serve with sour cream, any dip you choose or ketchup!
After drinking enough wine for a much larger party than just the 4 of us, emptying the bowl of chips, downing a pizza, tweeting until our nails were breaking, and screaming obscenities at the screen for 90 minutes, we were treated to this scene at the end of the debate when a television camera caught an angry Donald Trump angrily ripping a page out of his notebook while grinding his teeth. 😉
If you are on Facebook and are interested in the things I may not devote an entire blog post to, recipes, food facts, nutritional information, photos and other things that make my mouth water, I have a page on Facebook you can visit too: https://www.facebook.com/ThisGirlLovesHerFood