I think we can all agree that Tax Day sucks. Whether you owe or are getting some money back from the IRS, the stress that comes with the approach and passing of April 15th (this year April 18th) is enough to make anyone feel like they need a treat. Some companies across the country are trying to ease the pain by offering Tax Day deals, sales, promotions and even a few freebies.
- Arby’s Get two Arby’s Gyros for $6 until the end of the April.
- Boston Market In honor of Tax Day, Boston Market will offer a half chicken Individual Meal with two sides and cornbread, plus a regular beverage and a cookie for just $10.40 on April 18 only. Only 1040? How clever. Offer valid only at participating restaurants.
- Buca di Beppo Craving a little Italian? Save 18 percent off your meal at Buca di Beppo through April 18 when you use their Tax Day coupon available online.
- Chili’s Happy hour on Tax Day will be a little bit happier at participating Chili’s restaurants. The chain is offering offering $5 Presidente Margaritas to take the edge off dealing with Uncle Sam.
- Coffee deals Need some energy after dealing with the IRS? Participating McDonald’s in Arizona, Vermont, Colorado and Wyoming are offering tired taxpayers a free small coffee today. Prefer to perk up at home? Caribou Coffee is offering free shipping of orders over $50 online.
- Great American Cookie Stop by a participating Great American Cookie location on April 18 and you’ll be treated to a free sugar cookie. No purchase is necessary but unlike Ben & Jerry’s free cone giveaway, there is a limit of one cookie per customer.
- Hard Rock Café Get a free Local Legendary Burger at participating restaurant locations—but only if you get onstage and sing for it. Not willing to belt out a tune for some free grub? The burger is regularly $17.95.
- McDonald’s Mickey D’s is offering Tax Day deals on a location-by-location basis, so the offer may wary. In the past, participating locations offered a rock-bottom burger deal– buy one Big Mac or Quarter Pounder at the regular price, get a second sandwich for just a few cents.
- Outback Steakhouse Diners at participating locations of the Aussie-themed chain can take 15 percent off the check (excluding alcohol, applicable taxes, and gratuity) through April 18. Valid at lunch or dinner for curbside take-away or those dining in. You’ll need a coupon for the offer, so check Outback’s website.
- Red Robin This is a Tuesday special. On April 19, get a Ramen burger and bottomless fries for just $0.22 if you’re one of the first 22 students in the door with a valid student ID. Everyone else gets to enjoy a $2.22 discount. No coupon required. Schlotzsky’s Schlotzsky’s knows that #TaxDayBites so the sandwich shop will be giving away free “Original” subs today. To snap up the deal, customers need to buy a 32 oz. drink and a bag of chips on April 18.
- Tony Roma’s End your Tax Day with something sweet. The steakhouse is offering taxpayers a free coupon for a slice of its Red Velvet Cake on April 18. The offer is valid through April 29.
- Pieology: Sign up for the PieLife eClub by texting PIELIFE to 48307 and following the link. A coupon for 10 percent off your order on April 18 should be emailed to you shortly after you sign up.
- Noah’s Bagels: Take $1 off your order with this coupon until April 18.
- Chuck E. Cheese’s: Get a free large cheese pizza with the purchase of any large pizza with this coupon on April 18.
- Pei Wei: Receive $5 off your order of $20 or more with this coupon until April 18.
- Hot Dog on a Stick: Get one free Original Turkey Dog on a Stick on April 18. No purchase or proof of completed taxes necessary.
- California Tortilla: If you say the secret password “Tax Man” on April 18, you’ll receive free chips and queso with your purchase.
- Papa Murphy’s: Receive 50 percent off select items depending on location until April 29. Select your location on the website and then select Specials to see what is available.
- Bob Evans: Take 30 percent off your entire check April 18 only with this coupon.
- Carrabba’s: Take 15 percent off your entire check with this coupon until April 29.
- Denny’s: Take 15 percent off your entire check with this coupon until April 19.
- Chili’s: Get a Presidente Margarita for $5 on April 18.
- Sonic: Get 50 percent off cheeseburgers on April 18.
- Bruegger’s Bagels: Get a Big Bagel Bundle for $10.40 on April 18 when you sign-up to receive this coupon.
- Noodles & Company: Now through April 18, get $4 off any online order of $10 or more with coupon code TAXDAY. Also, if you buy one entree at regular price, you can get a kid’s meal for free. Both deals available at participating locations only.
- Sonny’s BBQ: All day on April 18 get 50 percent off Sweet & Smokey or House Dry-Rubbed Rib Dinners.
- Kona Ice: Get a free cup of shaved ice and a Hawaiian lei on April 18. To find a truck near you, tweet your zip code to @KonaIce. No coupon required.
- Great American Cookies: Stop by a participating location and get a free chocolate
- Krystal: Use these printable coupons until April 24 to take advantage of these buy one, get one free biscuit and burger offers.
- Bananas: Get the The CPA Frostie, featuring fresh strawberries and bananas, with added Red Bull Yellow Edition, to help power through all the tax paperwork and preparation. Plus, if you can present a valid Certified Public Accountant license, you will receive The CPA on the house at participating locations. Both specials are available April 17 and April 18.
- Zeel.com: Use code TAXDAY25 to receive $25 off any massage until April 18.
- Planet Fitness: Whether you’re a member or not, you can get a free HydroMassage at any Planet Fitness location during tax week. Visit PlanetFitness.com to get your coupon on April 18. Must be 18 or older to redeem.
- Regal Entertainment: Get 25 percent off candy on Monday and 50 percent off popcorn on Tuesday if you join the Regal Crown Club. Paid admission is required.
- GameStop: Get 25 percent off pre-owned interactive gaming figurines if you order online by April 30.
- Best Buy: Shop the Tax Refund Event and save up to $20 on select video games, get $100 off Macbooks and much more until April 18.
Don’t see anything you like? Call your favorite local restaurant or retailer to check out any specials being offered up today.
Are you on Facebook? You might be interested in the things I may not devote an entire blog post to: recipes, food facts, nutritional information, photos and other things that make my mouth water. I may not write a blog post every day, but there are daily updates to my This Girl Loves To Eat community at: https://www.facebook.com/ThisGirlLovesHerFood