When you follow a Keto, Whole Food, or Paleo diet, weeknight dinners can easily derail your progress if you don’t keep an arsenal of quick and easy recipes on hand. This recipe is both. #ThisGirlLovesToEat
Quick & Easy Cheesy Portobello Chicken
- 9 ounces Frozen Tyson Grilled & Ready Fully Cooked, Diced Chicken Breast (Thawed)
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Thinly Sliced
- 4 ounces Sliced Portobello Mushroom
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 3 Slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1/2 Cup White Wine
- 1/2 tsp Dried Tarragon
- Freshly Ground Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Preheat oven to 425° F and grease a 4 cup baking dish with butter.
Heat oil in a medium skillet. Add onion, garlic, salt and pepper and sauté for 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Add the chicken, Parmesan, tarragon, bacon, and mushrooms to the skillet. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the wine and simmer for another 5 minutes.
Transfer to the greased baking dish and top with the shredded mozzarella cheese. Put (uncovered) into the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling and beginning to brown. I served this over a bed of mashed cauliflower for a perfect #KetoMeal
Make Ahead Tip: If you are making this dish ahead, put into the buttered baking dish and cover/refrigerate. When ready to put in the oven, throw the dish in the microwave for about 3 minutes, at 50% power, to take the chill off, then top with the cheese and bake as directed.
Nutrition Information (Serves 3)
- 447 Calories
- 39 g Fat
- 4 g Carbohydrates
- 27 g Protein