I’m a savory snack girl, but don’t want to completely derail my hard earned Keto gains by cheating with a bag of store bought potato chips. What’s a snacker to do? This snacker chooses to spend her carbs on a healthier version of sweet potato chips, without the store bought preservatives and additives. #ThisGirlLovesToEat
Salted Lime Sweet Potato Chips
- 4 Medium Sweet Potatoes (or yams)
- 1 TBLS Corn Starch
- Olive Oil Spray
- 4 Limes
- Freshly Ground Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 425° and place oven safe cooling racks on 2 baking sheets.
- Wash sweet potatoes and thinly slice with a very sharp kitchen knife or mandolin.
- Place sweet potato slices in a bowl and cover them with warm water and corn starch. Soak for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the water and dry very well with a paper towel.
- Lay a single layer of potatoes on each rack and spray each side of the potato slice with olive oil spray.
- If you have a small spray bottle, fill it with your lime juice & spritz top side lightly with the lime juice. If you don’t have a spray bottle, drizzle the lime juice lightly over your potatoes.
- Lightly salt the tops then bake for 15 – 25 minutes (depending on thickness of slices), flipping the potato slices half way through the baking process. Check the potato chips frequently, it may take less time if your chips are sliced extra thin, to make sure that they don’t burn! Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Information (Serving Size 1 oz):
- 24 Calories
- 0 g Fat
- 4 g Carbs
- <1 g Protein